Keeping your CPAP mask and accessories clean is essential in order to maintain good hygiene and to prolong the lifespan of the machine. However, the cleaning process can be time-consuming and tedious, which can make you even more reluctant to use your CPAP.
If you don’t clean your CPAP regularly or effectively, it may become a breeding ground for bacteria, and could even develop a foul smell or cause infections.
Cleaning your CPAP accessories by hand is not only time-consuming, but it’s quite difficult to ensure you clean them thoroughly. This is where the Soclean 2 Go CPAP cleaner comes in.
Simply pop your mask into the included pouch, switch the machine on, and wait for 99.9% of CPAP germs, bacteria, and other pathogens to be completely destroyed in just 7 minutes.
The great thing about this device is that it’s been designed to be compact and portable, so you no longer need to stress about cleaning your CPAP mask and hose when you’re on vacation or away on a business trip.
Keen to find out more about this nifty device? Keep reading …
The SoClean 2 Go is a travel-sized version of the highly-rated SoClean 2 and claims to be the world’s first travel-sized CPAP cleaning device. This portable device is just as powerful as the full-sized version and destroys 99.9% of CPAP germs, bacteria, and other pathogens.
It sanitizes without chemicals or water and uses the same sanitization process found in water purification, produce handling, hotel housekeeping, and hospital sanitization so you can rest assured that your CPAP accessories will be getting a thorough clean that is of a professional standard.
Have a look below at the product specifications:
We’ll now take a more in-depth look at the SoClean 2 Go, including its best features…
The only way in which the SoClean 2 Go differs from its predecessor, the SoClean 2, is that it’s travel-sized, measuring just 4.9 inches high and 3.9 inches wide. Unlike other CPAP cleaners that plug into the wall, this device runs on batteries, meaning you can take it anywhere without having to worry about finding a power outlet. This also means that you can easily take it abroad with you, and weighing just 1.3 pounds, it’ll hardly take up any space in your luggage.
As we mentioned earlier on in the article, the SoClean 2 Go effectively kills 99.9% of CPAP germs, bacteria, and other pathogens in the mask, hose, and water reservoir without requiring the user to disassemble the equipment.
This is all done without the need for chemicals or even water, so the equipment remains completely dry throughout, and you can rest assured that it’s completely safe, with no damaging chemicals involved.
This sanitization process is the same as that used in hospitals and public water filtration, using activated oxygen cleaning to eliminate germs and bacteria that may be lingering in your equipment, making it the most effective method for cleaning CPAP equipment.
Ease of Use
The SoClean 2 is pretty easy to use and has minimalist operations to ensure maximum useability and accessibility for a range of users. It also has LED light indicators to signal when the machine is in sanitizing mode. Another aspect that makes this device incredibly convenient is the fact that you don’t need to take any of your CPAP equipment apart before sanitizing.
While the SoClean 2 Go will fit most CPAP masks, it’s worth noting that some will need to purchase an additional adapter, such as the ResMed S9, ResMed AirSense 10, Philips Respironics, Fisher & Paykel ICON, Fisher and Paykel 600, or Transcend/Z1.
It’s worth checking your mask’s manufacturer first and ensuring it’s compatible with the SoClean 2, as well as weighing up the cost of purchasing the special adapter if you can’t make use of the device without one.
How to use the SoClean 2 Go:
- While your mask is still connected to the CPAP hose, simply place your mask fully into the included SoClean mask bag, pulling the drawstrings to ensure the bag is tightly sealed around the hose.
- Turn on the power switch located on the underside of the unit, you’ll then see a green LED light flash on for 30 seconds.
- Within 30 seconds, press the button above the SoClean logo to begin sanitizing, the LED light will then turn solid green.
- The SoClean 2 Go will then begin its 7-minute sanitizing cycle, after which it will automatically shut-off.
- After this cycle, it is recommended that the mask be left in the mask bag for another 2 hours to achieve maximum sanitation.
What we liked
- The compact, portable design and lightweight feel
- Highly effective cleaning – kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria
- Simple to use and the cycle is quick and convenient – just 7 minutes
- No need to disassemble equipment before sanitizing
- Automatic shut-off once the cycle is finished
- Light indicators for ease of use
What we dislike
- Battery use is more expensive over time, so if you’re looking to use this in the house, the standard sized SoClean 2 is a better option
- Not all CPAP masks are compatible, and some will need a special adapter in order to use the SoClean 2 Go
The SoClean 2 Go is a highly effective CPAP sanitizer that will give your CPAP mask a thorough clean to a hospital and hotel standard, killing 99.9% of bacteria. We like the simplicity of this device and the short sanitation cycle which makes it extremely convenient.
This travel-sized version of the SoClean 2 is perfect for vacations or business trips thanks to its lightweight feel and compact design, however, if you’re intending to use it at home, we’d probably recommend an electric sanitizer or the SoClean 2 standard size, as battery-operated devices will wear down more quickly and will be more expensive due to regular battery replacement.